The European Interest Group CONCERT-Japan announces the 4th joint call for proposals on: “Efficient Energy Storage and Distribution”.
What is the EIG CONCERT-Japan?
CONCERT-Japan is an international joint initiative to support, coordinate and enhance science, technology and innovation (STI) cooperation between European countries and Japan. It began as an ERA-NET project funded by the EU FP7 (2011-2014), and is now implemented independently of EU support as an activity of the European Interest Group (EIG: a flexible and inclusive communication platform for European and Japanese funding agencies). In 2016 the Lithuanian Agency of Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA) has officially joined the European Interest Group CONCERT-Japan. EIG announces the 4th joint Call on “Efficient Energy Storage and Distribution”, in which participates 9 countries: Japan, France, Germany, Spain, Norway, Turkey, Lithuania, Slovakia, Czech Republic.
Thematic area description
The ongoing call for projects focuses on : Efficient Energy Storage and Distribution
The overall aim of this call is to support scientific research to further the development of more efficient, reliable, secure, flexible and sustainable technologies in energy storage systems and distribution of electricity. The topic scope is inclusive of all related areas from stationary applications for smart energy grids to mobile applications for transportation.
- Japan Science and technology Agency (JST)
- French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Science (BMBF)
- Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness – through the State Research Agency (MINECO – AEI)
- Research Council of Norway (RCN)
- Slovak Academy of Science (SAS)
- Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- Lithuanian Agency for Science, Innovation and technology (MITA)
- Scientific and technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK)
Depending on the individual national/regional regulations and restrictions of the participating funding institutions EIG CONCERT-Japan Joint Calls are open to applications from:
- public and private legal RTD entities,
- higher education institutions and non-university research establishments,
- small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs),
- and other kinds of organizations.
It is expected that 5 projects will be funded in this EIG CONCERT-Japan Joint Call. The overall budget for the call – 3,95 million Eur.
Lithuanian Agency of Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA) will finance SMEs and large companies.
Proposals submission and partnering web tool
Proposals must be submitted on PT-Outline, the dedicated web platform.
Only one of the project leaders (the "Principal Project Leader") should formally submit a proposal on behalf of the whole project consortium. The "Second Project Leader" and the other project partners do not have to submit a seperate proposal to the PT-Outline tool. There is no need to submit paper copies of the project proposal.
Lithuanian company whose proposal is decided to be funded will have to submit a formal financial proposal to MITA in order to prepare the contracts.
A partnering webtool is available to help applicants finding potential research partners within the framework of the EIG CONCERT-Japan Joint Call on Efficient Energy Storage and Distribution.
Proposal submission period
Tuesday 2, May 2017 to Friday 14th, July 2017 (Deadline of 12:00 (midday) CEST/ 19:00 Japanese time).
For further information, please contact national contact person:
- Mrs. Anzelma Useliene
- Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA)