Open Access to Science and Research (MITAP II)
Project coordinator: Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA)
Project duration: 2015-10 – 2019-04
Project budget: 2.151.874 Eur
Project funded by: European Social Fund
Project website: apc.mita.lt
The aim of the project is:
- to stimulate open access usage of science and research institutions resources;
- to develop skills to identify the research needed services and to commercialize R&D outputs;
- to organize and develop a common Lithuanian R&D marketing strategy using the Open R&D Lithuania brand.
I. Improve the skills to identify the research needed services and to commercialize the results of:
- training in topics of research needed services identification and R&D commercialization;
- development of technology identification and transfer practical skills (internships).
II. Implementation of common Lithuanian R&D marketing strategy using the Open R&D Lithuania brand:
- establishment of Open R&D Lithuania contact center;
- promoting research services and R&D outputs of Scientific and research institutions in international events and meetings;
- design of marketing tools and implementation of Open R&D Lithuania marketing strategy.
Expected results of the project:
• 100 scientists and other researchers who improved their skills in R&D commercialization / service identification topics;
• 70 scientists and other researchers, who have acquired practical knowledge in internships of scientific results commercialization, services / technology and product identification topics;
• Established Open R&D Lithuania contact center - 1 unit;
• Assistance for businesses, science and research institutions by finding the necessary R&D services (min. 500 active contacts);
• Prepared missions and internships selection methodology;
• Developed 1 marketing communications package (promotional items package: publicity campaigns, publications, e-book (presentation), reports and so on.) and executed marketing strategy;
• Arranged / coordinated participation in international events and meetings in order to promote research services and R&D outputs of Scientific and research institutions:
- 10 joint presentations of R & D services and Lithuanian science potential;
- 30 targeted visits and meetings with potential partners abroad in exhibitions and conferences;
- 10 experience exchange missions.